China Transportation Sector Report 2017 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
China’s transportation sector is almost entirely run by state-owned corporations, as its development is viewed as a major driver for the country’s economic growth. In the railways subsector, there was extensive construction of new high-speed rail (HSR) lines, the total length growing by more than 1,903 km to 21,741 km in 2016. In the air transport subsector, the major players have been increasingly active in expanding their aircraft fleets to meet the rapidly growing passenger demand, especially demand for international travel. The shipping subsector is strategically important for China, since it is a major generator of growth and vital for China’s exporting industries. Foreign direct investment (FDI) in China’s transportation sector reached USD 5,089mn in 2016, and maintained a steady y/y growth in the first half of 2017. Investment opportunities exist mainly for companies supplying technologies and high-tech products to the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: