China Transportation Sector Report 2017 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
In Q3 2017, the total passenger traffic, including airlines passenger traffic, highway passenger traffic, railway passenger traffic and waterway passenger traffic, dropped by 5% y/y to 4.7bn, due above all to a decrease in highway passenger traffic, which declined by 8.2% y/y to 3.6bn persons following the increased use of private cars. The total passenger turnover in Q3 2017 grew by 3.7% y/y to 900bn person-km due to increased passenger turnover in the air and railway transportation subsectors. Passenger turnover in the air subsector was up 11.1% y/y to 251bn person-km in Q3 2017 and passenger turnover in railway transportation subsector reached 395bn person-km, up 6.8% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: