Southeast Asia Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
The Asian region is home to some of the world’s biggest automotive brands, which has eventually resulted in the birth of local brands in some of the countries. The Asian countries featured in this report – China, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia – accounted for 37.16% of the world’s total automotive production in 2019, a testament to the region’s dominance in this sector. In 2019, China led not only in Asia but also in the rest of the world in terms of both production and sales, at 25.72mn and 25.77mn units, respectively. These figures accounted for 28.02% of the world’s total production and 28.21% of sales for the same year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Southeast Asia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Southeast Asia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Southeast Asia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Southeast Asia
- Ascertain Southeast Asia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Southeast Asia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: