Colombia Electric Power Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2021
Available in: English
Colombia is the sixth-largest electric power market in Latin America, ranking below countries with the same or less population, such as Argentina, Venezuela, and Chile. The country suffers from its uneven terrain, which creates vast disparities in electricity coverage between urban centres and remote rural areas. On the other hand, the country is blessed with natural resources and abundant renewable energy sources. Hydropower accounted for 68.3% of the installed capacity in the country in 2020, followed by thermal sources with a share of 30.4%, playing a back-up role in cases of low water levels at domestic hydropower dams. While still incipient, non-conventional renewable energy sources are expected to play a vital role in the sector’s future growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: