Colombia ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
ICT is part of the more broadly defined Transportation, Communication and Information (“TCI”) sector. Colombia’s TCI sector claimed a share of 7.0% of the national GVA, or around COP 55.5tn, in 2016, remaining stagnant compared to 2015 in real terms. In 2016, FDI inflow in TCI topped USD 1.2bn, up from USD 0.7bn the previous year, but down from the USD 2.1bn achieved in 2014. In 2016, the country ranked 24th in the world in terms of fixed broadband subscriber numbers, and 25th in mobile service subscribers, boasting 5.9mn and 58.7mn subscribers in the respective categories. The information technology (IT) and consumer electronics (CE) segments had been negatively impacted by currencyrelated headwinds in the previous two years due to the country’s heavy dependence on imported equipment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Colombia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: