Colombia ICT Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
After a weak financial performance in the 2016-2017 period, Colombia’s ICT sector returned to growth in 2018. The information and communications sector’s GVA increased by 3% y/y in 2018, reaching COP 24.5tn or 2.9% of total GDP, benefitting from the general uptick in economic activity. The number of subscribers to telecom services increased by 4.4% y/y, amounting to 95.7mn at end-2018. Increased subscriber numbers led to a 4.7% y/y upturn, to COP 20tn, in the sector’s gross revenues in 2018. In spite of this positive result, foreign direct investment (FDI) shrank by more than half, dropping to just USD 1.55bn – down from a record USD 3.3bn in 2017. The sector is a net importer of both services and products due to Colombia’s level of technological development and the high value-added imports that ICT requires.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: