Colombia Insurance Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, written premiums in Colombia rose by 4.9% nominally, 1.7% y/y in real terms, its lowest growth rate since 2013. At the same time, the rise of the value of written premiums for 2018 was estimated at about 2% in real terms globally, according to the Switzerland-based insurer Swiss Re. During the 2008-2018 period, the insurance sector in Colombia grew faster than the country’s GDP, driving up penetration rates. However, insurance penetration remains behind that of developed countries and the regional average. This, coupled with the growth of Colombia’s middle class offers lucrative opportunities for domestic and foreign investors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Colombia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: