Colombia Mining Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
Colombia is one of the leading economies in Latin America in terms of GDP and is also one of the more stable countries in the region in terms of its economic policies and regulatory environment. The mining sector represents 1.6% of the country’s GDP and around 12.7% of its total exports as of 2019. The country’s vast natural resources turn it into a leading player in the global coal and emeralds market, being the fifth-largest coal exporter and the largest exporter of emeralds in 2019. Moreover, the sector is poised for growth in gold and copper, with at least five large-scale projects expected to come online between 2020 and 2024.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: