Colombia Real Estate and Construction Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
Construction is the sixth largest economic sector in Colombia, accounting for 6.3% of the country’s GDP, 5.8% of total FDI inflow and 7.2% of formal employment in 2019. However, due to its stagnation in the last three years, the sector’s share of GDP decreased from 7.4% in 2016 to 6.3% in 2019. During 2014-2019, the GVA of the construction sector rose at a modest CAGR of 1% in real terms, with the main growth driver being the infrastructure construction segment (CAGR of 4.2% for the period). COVID-19 reshaped both the overall economy and the construction sector’s reality. The expected economic recession will strongly affect demand for non-residential buildings (except for hospitals) and mid- and high-price houses. Nevertheless, there are some drivers that may boost construction activity, namely the fall in interest rates on mortgage loans, huge investments expected in 4G and 5G infrastructure concessions, and government housing programmes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: