Colombia Tourism & Leisure Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
Colombia’s tourism sector has significant growth potential due to the country’s natural and cultural resources. The recent demobilisation of the insurgent group FARC has stimulated demand for tourist services due to an improved security environment. In 2018, tourism and leisure accounted for 5.6% of the country’s GDP, including direct and indirect contributions. Over the period 2013-2018, it experienced a significant shift, from a deficit of USD 330mn in 2013 to a surplus of USD 757mn in 2018, as outbound tourism noticeably slowed, affected by the weak Colombian peso from 2014 onwards, while inbound tourism surged following progress in peace talks with the FARC, a rapid increase in hotel and accommodation supply, and the January 2018 decision by the US Department of State to reclassify Colombia as a safer travel destination for US citizens.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: