Colombia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Colombia’s tourism sector plays an increasingly important role in the national economy, being now among the main sources of foreign revenue for the country, behind mineral and agricultural commodities exports. It also offers significant growth potential due to the country’s abundant natural and cultural resources. In 2019, tourism and leisure accounted for 4.3% of the country’s GDP. Over the period 2014-2019, the tourism trade balance experienced a significant shift, from a deficit of USD 858mn in 2014 to a surplus of USD 660mn in 2019, as outbound tourism noticeably slowed, affected by the weak Colombian peso from 2014 onwards, while inbound tourism surged following progress in peace talks with the Fuerzas Amardas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC) guerilla group, a rapid increase in hotel and accommodation supply and improved air connectivity.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: