Ecuador Mining Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
Due to the combination of its rich, unexplored mineral resources and active government measures to enhance the regulatory framework, Ecuador is on track to become the fastest-growing mining destination in Latin America. Growing investor appetite for new, cost-competitive mineral resources in a scenario of declining ore grades and maturing operations in other mining destinations in the region has also contributed to its rise. Until recently, Ecuador relied on artisanal and small-scale mining operations, which in 2018 contributed just 0.5% of the country’s GDP and 1.3% of national exports. However, this situation changed significantly in 2019 when its first two large-scale mining projects – Mirador and Fruta del Norte – entered into operation, turning the country into an industrial-scale producer and exporter of minerals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Ecuador. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Ecuador
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Ecuador
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Ecuador
- Ascertain Ecuador’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Ecuador
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: