Ecuador Oil and Gas Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2017
Available in: English
Ecuador is a major player in the oil and gas sector in Latin America. A member of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Ecuador had the fourth-largest proven oil reserves in the region and was its sixth-biggest crude oil producer in 2015. The oil and gas sector has a paramount role in Ecuadorian economy, crude oil being the main product exported by the country and accounting for 35% of national exports in 2015. Since Ecuador is a commodity-exporting country, the slump of international oil prices since mid-2014 has affected the domestic economy, as revenues from oil exports contracted by 51.3% y/y in 2015. In addition, a prolonged period of underinvestment in exploration and hydrocarbon transport infrastructure has resulted in a relatively weak expansion of crude oil output at a CAGR of 2.1% over 2011-2015 and in very limited economic utilisation of the country’s natural gas reserves.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Ecuador. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Ecuador
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Ecuador
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Ecuador’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Ecuador
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: