Africa Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
Africa’s infrastructure deficit is long-standing and well-known. Although USD 297.2bn were committed to transport and energy infrastructure projects on the continent between 2014 and 2018, only four countries, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritius and South Africa, scored above the global average in terms of quality of overall infrastructure (transport and utility) in the 2019 Global Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum (WEF). The issue is, however, best illustrated by the 590mn people in Sub-Saharan Africa lacking access to electricity in 2019. With this result, the region accounted for nearly 78% of the world’s population with no electricity. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the low electrification rates proved particularly problematic. According to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), some 60% of Sub-Saharan healthcare facilities did not have access to electricity and of those that did only about 30% had reliable access.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the infrastructure sector for Africa. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the infrastructure sector in Africa
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Africa
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Africa
- Ascertain Africa’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Africa
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. transportation network, energy infrastructure and pipelines).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com