Africa Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
The African consumer goods and retail sector has recently been gaining traction in the investor world, albeit at a slow pace. To date, the sector is dominated by informal retailers, with formal retailing accounting for a mere 10%, according to Standard Bank’s Africa Consumer Report 2020. Though shopping mall development has grown steadily over the past decade, the sectoral development and formalisation differs greatly from country to country across the continent. This is influenced by factors such as the level of economic development and growth, consumer preferences, internet connectivity, availability and cost of labour and the local culture. Evidently, South Africa is the most industrialised country on the continent, has the largest formal retail market, accounting for 60%, followed by Kenya with a share of 30%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: