Hungary Automotive Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
Hungary has attracted significant foreign investment to its automotive sector over the last ten years, managing to attract around 40 of the top 100 global OEM parts suppliers. Global automotive firms including Daimler, Audi, Opel and Suzuki have already established manufacturing bases in the country with BMW currently building a production facility. In 2018, the automotive sector accounted for 26% of total industrial production value and about 20% of total exports. More than 90% of the automotive industry’s output is exported, predominantly to the EU. As of end-2018, the sector provided employment for about 174,000 people, or 4% of total employment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Hungary
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: