Hungary Food and Beverage Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
The acceleration of economic activity, driven to a large extent by higher household consumption, was the main driver of the food and beverage sector in 2017. The sector’s production value grew by 4.9% y/y to HUF 2,981.7bn. Food manufacturing, the largest subsector, was the main growth contributor increasing its output value by 4.4% y/y. Besides domestic demand, the performance of the sector was supported by the continued internationalisation of the operations of local producers. In 2017 some 39.6% of sector’s production was exported, representing 5.4% of the national exports. Hungary maintains a trade surplus of food and beverages, which came to HUF 406.8bn in 2017. The large social and economic importance of the sector is also evidenced by its share in the country’s GDP (1.8%) and total employment (3.3%).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Hungary
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: