Indonesia Automotive Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
Indonesia is the largest automotive market in the ASEAN region and the second largest motor vehicle manufacturer, after Thailand. In 2017, Indonesia’s automotive sector contributed about 2% to the country’s GDP and accounted for 4.2% of the total exports. The relatively poor motorisation rate, low labour costs and increasing middle class are the main drivers for expansion of the sector. Motorcycles and scooters are the most popular means of transport because of their cheaper price and lower maintenance costs. Their share in the overall vehicle output stood at 84% and made up 85% of all vehicle sales in 2017. Indonesia is self-sufficient in terms of motor vehicles – production volumes exceeded domestic sales by around half a million units in 2017. The main export markets are the
neighbouring ASEAN countries.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: