Indonesia Food and Beverage 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
The world’s fourth-most populous nation and the largest economy in the ASEAN region, Indonesia offers strong growth opportunities for investors in the food and beverage sector. The sector, which generated 6.1% of the country’s GDP in 2017, expanded faster than the overall economy in the 2014-2017 period. Growth is supported by increasing disposable incomes, a growing middle class and rising urbanisation levels. Indonesia is a major food producer, ranking among the top world producers of palm oil, natural rubber, cocoa, coffee and rice. However, the country has struggled to achieve selfsufficiency in key food staples. The country is also a net importer of food and beverages as the sector needs to import a significant share of its raw materials.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: