Indonesia ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Indonesia’s ICT sector claimed a share of 3.6% of the national GDP, or around IDR 449tn, in 2016, up from 3.5% in 2015. ICT is part of the more broadly defined Transportation, Communication and Information (“TCI”) sector, which reported 5.6mn employees in 2016. Inbound FDI in TCI topped USD 2.06bn in 2016, up from USD 1.64bn the previous year, but down from the USD 3.02bn in 2012. In 2015, the country ranked 17th in the world in terms of fixed broadband subscriber numbers, and fourth in mobile service subscribers, boasting 7.6 million and 338 million subscribers in the respective categories. Indonesia’s challenging geography explains the disparity between the two, as fixed networks are much harder and costlier to build in a country with a population of 261 million, spread across 6,000 islands.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: