India Agriculture Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
Agriculture and its allied sectors combine for the largest sector in India in terms of employment – engaging approximately 40% of the country’s total workforce. Aside from its significance in employing many workers and providing income, the sector also ensures sufficiency of food and serves as a backbone to other industries such as tourism, hospitality, food processing and services. FY2020 was a challenging period for the agriculture industry due to the impact of COVID-19. In general, the pandemic has brought on challenges in logistics, transportation, and manpower supply which has led to lower levels of production, high levels of wastage, and reduced income for many workers in the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming)
See below for a complete table of report contents: