India Automotive Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
The automotive industry is the backbone of Indian heavy industry, with linkages to the steel, aluminium, rubber, plastic, and glass manufacturing industries, amongst others. Sectors such as logistics, banking and insurance, repair services, and fuel retailing, are also closely linked to the performance of automotive manufacturing. The latest statements by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) – the main industry association – put the automotive sector’s contribution to Indian GDP at 7.5% and the number of people to whom it directly or indirectly provides employment at some 37mn people. The figures apparently refer to FY2019: the government plans to increase the former percentage to 12%, and the latter number to around 100mn, in FY2026. However, FY2019 saw a substantial decline in the y/y growth rates of production and sales alike, compared to the double-digit growth rates recorded in FY2018. For example, overall vehicle sales rose by 6.5% y/y in FY2019, but had done so by 14.5 y/y in FY2018. A wide-ranging set of factors, both industry-specific and macro, has contributed to this decline.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: