India Automotive Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
In Q3 FY2020, the automotive output volume in India reached 6.31mn units. This performance was well below the average production volume of the preceding six quarters (Q1 FY2018 to Q2 FY2020) which averaged at 7.56mn units. On a quarterly basis, production fell by 12.5% q/q in Q3 FY2020. Likewise, on an annual basis, the output dropped by 12.5% compared to Q3 FY2019. The drop in production was mainly explained by weaker domestic demand which resulted in producers’ adjusting their output plans. At segment level, passenger vehicle production dropped by 5.7% q/q, while commercial vehicle output increased by 7.4% y/y. On an annual basis, the output in both segments fell, by 7.8% and 26.8% y/y, respectively. The production of two- and three-wheelers declined by 13.2% y/y and 0.8% y/y. On a quarterly basis, the output also dropped, by 14.5% q/q and 5.1% q/q, respectively. Quadricycle production increased by 15.1% y/y in Q3 FY 2020, contrasting its quarterly output drop of 53.8%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: