India Automotive Sector Report 2020 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
In Q4 FY2020, the automotive output volume in India reached 5.62mn units. This performance was well below the average production volume of the last seven quarters (from Q1 FY2019 to Q3 FY2020), which averaged 7.38mn units. On a quarterly basis, production fell by 16% in Q4 FY2020. On an annual basis, output also dropped by 21.6% compared to Q4 FY2019. As the negative trend in domestic demand continues, manufacturers are producing less. At segment level, passenger vehicle production increased by 3.2% q/q, while commercial vehicle output fell by 19% q/q (on an annual basis, output in both segments dropped by 18.4% and 47.8% y/y, respectively). Two- and three-wheeler production declined by 19% y/y and 24.2% y/y, respectively, while the quarterly declines were 12.4% and 18.3%, respectively. Quadricycle production fell by 32.7% y/y in Q4 FY2020, offsetting a quarterly output increase of 12.7%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: