India Automotive Sector Report 2021 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
In FY2019, the main growth driver of the Indian motor vehicle industry was a solid increase of domestic demand, which grew at a CAGR of 8.7% between FY2016 and FY2019. Domestic demand accounted for an average 85.6% of total output during the same period. Exports grew at a CAGR of 8.3% over the same period, and accounted for 14.4% of total output. India’s motor vehicle output increased at a CAGR of 8.8% over the same period. However, the slowdown experienced by the Indian economy has weakened the purchasing power of consumers. Consequently, output and domestic sales of motor vehicles registered two-digit annual falls in FY2020. Exports managed to keep a growing trend, albeit at a slower rate. In FY2021, the rapid spread of COVID-19 did not only disrupt production, domestic sales and exports of motor vehicles, but postponed new investment projects as well.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: