India Automotive Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
In Q2 FY2021, the automotive output volume in India (excluding commercial vehicles) reached 6.5mn units. On a quarterly basis, production increased by 353.1% q/q in Q2 FY2021 (up from 1.4mn units in Q1 FY2021, excluding commercial vehicles). However, output dropped by 7.2% in Q2 FY2021 compared to Q2 FY2020 (a volume of 7mn units, excluding commercial vehicles). The quarterly growth was mainly explained by a recovery of the industry after the suspension of activities during Q1 FY2021. However, the recovery was not strong enough to translate to annual growth. At the segment level, passenger vehicle production grew by 475% q/q, falling by 6% y/y. Two- and three-wheeler production declined by 4.8% y/y and by 54.7% y/y, respectively. On a quarterly basis, output expanded by 349.8 q/q and 143.7% q/q, respectively. Quadricycle production fell by 77.5% y/y and grew by 15.6% q/q in Q2 FY2021. Commercial vehicle data has been discontinued by SIAM since Q1 FY2021.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles)
See below for a complete table of report contents: