India Banking Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
The seeds of banking sector liberalisation were sown in the 1990s when the government began allowing the entry of privately owned participants in what was hitherto a wholly government-owned sector. While the market share of public sector banks has been gradually declining since liberalisation, public sector banks still account for the majority of the market, totalling 70.1% of deposits and 65.5% of loans in FY2018 according to statistics provided by the Reserve Bank of India.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits)