India Cement Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
India is the second-largest producer and consumer of cement in the world after China, with 451mn tonnes per year (tpa) of cement production capacity as of March 31, 2018. India’s cement production is mostly dependent on residential and infrastructure construction, both of which are the subject of much investor interest. The industry is structured in unevenly distributed clusters, located close to raw material deposits of limestone and fly ash. Many cement manufacturers operate their own wind farms or thermal generation capacity units to insulate themselves from possible energy supply failure. Over the years, most thermal coal supply has shifted to the electricity generation sector, making cement manufacturers resort to petcoke. The latter, in turn, is known for its high carbon footprint and its use has, on multiple occasions, been subject to severe restriction by the authorities.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the cement sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the cement sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and geographic segmentation for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: