India Cement Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
Cement manufacturing underpins various activities that form the backbone of Indian manufacturing, e.g. residential construction and infrastructure. Cement is a highly regulated industry in India, not only because of its strategic importance, but also because of its environmental impact. Cement is produced from limestone, which, as a mined mineral, is an exclusive prerogative of India’s States; and cement furnaces are heated with coal or pet coke, which are highly regulated fuels in their own right. Thus, cement is exposed to uncertainties related to steady raw material availability, as well as to risks stemming from fuel price fluctuations. The sector is organised and consolidating. Cement is difficult and expensive to transport, which is why both production and consumption are regional. Unorganised players are relegated to small and unsophisticated projects.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the cement sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the cement sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and geographic segmentation for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: