India Cement Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
The growth of the cement sector in India is closely aligned to the prospects of housing, infrastructure and industrial activity. India is the second largest producer of cement after China, with an installed capacity of 545mn tonnes as of FY2020. As per the Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA), this sector is the fourth largest revenue contributor to the government and the second largest revenue contributor to the Indian Railways. In addition, it employs over 1mn people directly and indirectly. Cement manufacturers are typically located close to the limestone mines as limestone is a key raw material, which is inexpensive but bulky, making transportation uneconomical. High logistics costs is a major deterrent to transporting cement, which is also low value but bulky. Thus, India’s official data on cement divides the country into five geographical regions, each with a specific profile as regards cement manufacturing and demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the cement sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the cement sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and geographic segmentation for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: