India Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
The Indian consumer goods and retail sector has tremendous growth potential. Unorganised retailers still account for the vast majority of retail sales in India, while modern retailers have only begun to scratch the surface of the deep Indian retail market. However, with a massive population of young Indians who are experiencing rising incomes amidst ongoing urbanisation, a consumerist culture is emerging in the country. This segment of the population is increasingly able to purchase a range of consumer goods, which is driving demand for all categories of consumer goods. In 2019, Kearney rated India as the second most attractive developing country for retail investment, crediting growing demand for modern retail for this impressive showing.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: