India Electric Power Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: December 2016
Available in: English
The power sector, comprising generation, transmission and distribution, is a key enabler of India’s economic growth. India, which is Asia’s third-largest economy, accounts for about 5% of the world’s primary energy consumption, while reporting one of the world’s lowest levels of per capita consumption. Bulk and retail prices in the power sector are largely controlled by the government, whose policies and funding are the major drivers of sector growth. Over the past five years, there has been a noticeable trend of the country shifting its power generation focus away from fossil fuels onto greener and more sustainable sources of energy, such as renewables and hydropower. This trend is expected to get more pronounced and actively shape sector development in the coming years.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: