India Food and Beverages Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
India is one of the global leaders in the food and beverage industry, with prominent positions in the production of dairy, meat products, refined sugar and spirits. The GVA of the food and beverage sector is consistently growing but challenges such as low levels of food processing, cold chain shortcomings and high levels of food waste remain. The food and beverage industry was among the top ten manufacturing sectors, and the leader in terms of employment generation, in FY2018. The sector is driven by positive demographic trends, rising affluence, an expansion of modern retail formats and a shift in consumer preferences towards healthy food. With multinational companies expanding the market, India is rapidly becoming a production hub for processed foods, exported to countries in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: