India Insurance Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
There have been tremendous changes in the Indian insurance sector since the market began to be liberalised in 1999 when the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (“IRDAI”) was formed and allowed private participation in the insurance sector beginning from 2000. While there were only 2 monopolists in the life and general insurance subsectors respectively pre-liberalisation, today there are 66 life insurers, general insurers, and reinsurers operating in India. Liberalisation of the market has also substantially grown insurance penetration in India – although the spread of insurance remains low compared with other Asian countries – since private insurers have been competing aggressively with one another to grow their market shares.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in India.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: