India Insurance Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
The insurance sector of India has a deep-rooted history. Life insurance emerged in the country in 1818 with the establishment of the Oriental Life Insurance Company which failed in 1834. General insurance arrived in the country with the establishment of Triton Insurance Company Ltd in 1850. In 1999, the IRDAI was set up as an autonomous body to regulate and develop the insurance industry in India. As of FY2019, India’s insurance industry comprises 24 life insurers and 46 general insurers and reinsurers operating 11,279 life insurance and 11,578 general insurance branch offices.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in India.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: