India Oil and Gas Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
India is the third largest consumer of energy and oil after China and the US, as of 2018. It is also the fourth largest importer of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). Despite being one of the largest consumers of these fuels, the reserves available within the country are limited and the country imports some 80% to 85% of its annual fossil fuel needs. As of end-March 2020, the effects of COVID-19 on the sector in India have included lower import prices and thus a chance to stock up on fossil fuels, alongside reduced domestic consumption because of the lockdown. Due to the regulatory and policy barriers in the country, the sector is dominated by government-owned companies. In recent years, various regulatory and pricing reforms have been brought up by the Indian government. Their full impact will have a chance to materialise only after the global COVID-19 crisis is over.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in India
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: