India Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
India’s is the world’s 10th-largest pharmaceutical market in US dollar terms - with sales of over USD 25bn in 2017 - and the largest generic drug manufacturer and exporter globally. Strong domestic demand and robust exports have contributed equally to growth in turnover. Generic drugs account for around 75% of the Indian pharmaceutical market by volume, as well as most of the drug production in the country. The Indian pharmaceutical space is highly fragmented, with nearly 10,000 players. The Indian healthcare industry comprises five broad segments - Healthcare Delivery (Hospitals), Pharmaceuticals, Medical Equipment & Supplies, and Health Insurance and Diagnostics. Healthcare Delivery (Hospitals) accounted for nearly 70% of industry revenue in FY2018. Private hospitals dominate healthcare provision in the country, as public healthcare services and expenditure are highly inadequate.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for India . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: