India Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
India’s pharmaceutical and healthcare sector holds considerable growth potential. The pharmaceuticals subsector, in particular, is especially strong. India is a leader in the global market for generic drugs. The country’s exported medications accounted for approximately 45% of total generic drug prescriptions in the US in Q1 2018, according to data collected by IQVIA. India’s healthcare system is dominated by private market players, and private hospitals account for the majority of the hospital bed supply in the country. The Indian government launched the Ayushman Bharat healthcare scheme in September 2018 which is aimed at providing up to 500mn poorer Indians with access to better healthcare services.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for India . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: