India Renewables Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
India ranked fifth in renewable energy installed capacity in the world in 2018. Renewable energy sources accounted for around 20.1% of total installed electricity generation capacity in India by the end of FY2018. Wind energy is the dominant form of RE followed by solar energy: these accounted for 49% and 33% respectively of total RE capacity in March 2018. India is targeting 227 GW of installed RE capacity by March 2022 – including 100 GW from solar and 60 GW from wind – and 350 GW by 2030: the latter figure would imply a rise in the share of RES in total installed electricity generation capacity to 40%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).