India Steel Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
The steel sector contributed about 2% of the Indian economy’s total GVA in FY2018, employing 500,000 people directly and 2.5mn people indirectly. Indian crude steel production is the second-largest in the world and the domestic steel market is expected also to become the second-largest by the end of 2019. The global importance of Indian steel derives mainly from the country’s abundant iron ore resources and the rising domestic demand fuelled by an expanding economy and by government infrastructure and construction projects. The construction sector absorbed 62% of overall steel consumption, while mechanical engineering accounted for 15% in FY2018. Exports of iron and steel constituted 3.7% of the country’s total in FY2018, while iron and steel imports claimed a 3.1% share.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: