India Steel Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
In Q3 FY2020, the production of crude steel in India declined slightly, by 1.5% y/y. At the same time, it rose by 0.5% q/q. The Steel Authority of India (SAIL) accounted for the largest individual share of crude steel production, at 14.8%. Jindal South West Ltd followed with a share of 14.3%. In Q3 FY2020, pig iron production in India declined by 14.01% y/y and by 1.52% q/q. Similarly to crude steel, SAIL accounted for the largest individual share of pig iron production, with 10.48%. Jindal South West Ltd ranked second with a share of 5.35%. In Q3 FY2020, sponge iron production in India rose by 17.27% y/y and by 10.63% q/q. Essar Steel accounted for the largest individual share of sponge iron production, 12.39%. Jindal South West Ltd followed with a share of 4.57%. In Q3 FY2020, finished steel production in India rose marginally by 0.11% q/q and dropped by 3.02% y/y. Jindal South West Ltd accounted for the largest individual share of finished steel production, 18.85%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: