India Steel Sector Report 2020 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
Crude steel production recorded a q/q decline of 1.2% in Q4 FY2020, with a number of companies decreasing their output, such as Jindal Steel Power by 6% and ESSAR by 3%. On the other hand, Tata Steel Ltd recorded a jump of 23% q/q in its crude steel production in Q4 FY2020. Likewise, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam increased its crude steel production by 24% q/q in the same period. Pig iron production stood at 1,193 thou tonnes in Q4 FY2020, having shrunk by 14% q/q and 24% y/y. Almost all pig iron manufacturers contributed to this decline, with the exception of Jindal Steel & Power, which reported substantial q/q increases in pig iron output. Although sponge iron production decreased by 5% q/q, it recorded an increase of 11.4% y/y in Q4 FY2020. The production of finished steel edged up by 2% in Q4 FY2020 as compared to the previous quarter. During the quarter, Jindal South West Limited accounted for 18.4% of total finished steel production in India, followed by Tata Steel Limited with 12%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: