Mexico Agriculture Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
The Mexican agriculture sector, including crop, livestock and fisheries, plays a key role in the domestic economy. Agriculture GVA accounted for 3.4% of the GDP in 2019, and the sector is among the largest employers in the country, with a share of 12.4% of total employment during the same year. Mexico has consolidated its position as one the leading global food producers. This positive performance was largely driven by exports, which expanded by 14.9% y/y in value terms in 2019. Another main driver for the sector is the solid domestic demand. Yet, the development of the Mexican agriculture remains largely dependent on the US, in terms of both exports and imports. Further challenges include the relatively low levels of productivity (especially for maize), the slow adoption of mechanisation and irrigation systems and the vulnerability to adverse weather conditions.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: