Mexico Oil and Natural Gas Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Mexico is a traditional oil-producing and oil-exporting country. For the last 78 years, the sector has been dominated by state-run energy company Petróleos Mexicanos (PEMEX), which took over all upstream and downstream oil and natural gas operations, as well as transportation, sales, exports and imports. This long-standing monopoly has resulted in a chronic deficit of investment and lack of access to more efficient technologies, bringing about continual decline to Mexico’s hydrocarbon reserves and production. In an effort to promote the development of the domestic energy sector, the government launched far-reaching reforms at the end of 2013 that allowed the participation of local and foreign private companies in the oil and gas sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Mexico
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: