Mexico Pharma and Healthcare Sector 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
Mexico is the second largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America, behind only Brazil, with retail drug sales of USD 10.2bn in 2018. The country also features a growing and ageing population, multiple but underfunded state-run health insurance systems, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance system. The flagging economy, which entered recession in early 2019, coupled with the measures of President Lopez Obrador’s government to balance public finances, have impaired the development of the domestic pharma and healthcare sector. Among the most affected segments are institutional drug sales, stemming from a revamp of the public procurement rules, and the public/social security health insurance systems, which have suffered from cuts in funding. Nevertheless, some segments, such as generic drugs, medical tourism and private health insurance, continue to grow at an accelerated pace.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Mexico . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: