Mexico Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Mexico is the second-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America, behind only Brazil, with a large and growing population, multiple but underfunded state-run health insurance schemes, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance system. The segment with the highest growth potential is that of generic drugs, due to the rising consumer confidence and active government measures to promote the use of generic equivalents in the public health system. The local pharmaceutical industry is sizeable, but largely focused on the production of generic and OTC drugs, which results in chronic trade deficits of pharmaceuticals – mostly patented drugs, blood products and vaccines. In 2017, the trade gap reached USD 3bn, 12.1% up y/y, as Mexico satisfied 42.3% of its domestic demand with imported drugs.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Mexico . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: