Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Malaysia is the third-largest producer of, and market for, motor vehicles (excluding motorcycles) in the ASEAN region, behind Thailand and Indonesia. Including motorcycles, the motor vehicle industry is dominated by passenger vehicles, which represented 53.5% and 52.7% of total production and sales, respectively, in 2016. Two national brands, Proton and Perodua, are key players in the passenger vehicle segment and are highly dependent on government support. This partially explains the low levels of innovation, product quality and competitiveness in the industry. Additionally, the industry relies heavily on a relatively small domestic market – compared to Indonesia and Thailand – which has resulted in high vulnerability to the domestic cycle, as economic downturns have sharp negative effects in both domestic sales and output.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: