Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
Malaysia is the third largest manufacturer and market for motor vehicles, excluding motorcycles, in the ASEAN region, behind Thailand and Indonesia. The motor vehicle industry, including motorcycles, is dominated by passenger vehicles, which represented 48.9% and 50.9% of the total production and sales, respectively, in 2017. Two national brands, Perodua and Proton, are the key players in the passenger vehicle segment. They are highly orientated towards the domestic market. There is also a fair contribution of six Japanese companies which manufacture passenger and commercial vehicles within the country. Malaysia has lower levels of international competitiveness compared to Thailand, which has consolidated its positions as the regional export hub in ASEAN. The Malaysian automotive industry needs to increase its focus on foreign markets to reduce its dependence on the domestic demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: