Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
The chemicals industry is a major contributor to the Malaysian economy, with petrochemicals and oleochemicals as its principal products. Availability of feedstock and resources, supportive government policies for investors, and a conducive business environment, are among the factors fostering the growth of the chemicals industry in Malaysia. Owing to all these factors, Malaysia is one of the largest producers and exporters of petrochemicals in the region, greatly supported by the national oil company – Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas), which oversees the country’s oil and gas reserves. The country is also a major player in the production and export of oleochemicals derived from its vast oil palm plantations. The country is also a significant regional exporter of primary plastics.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: