Malaysia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
Malaysia has one of the most developed pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors in the ASEAN region. The country operates a dual public-private healthcare system in which the government, under the Ministry of Health (“MoH”), both regulates the entire pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector and provides taxpayer-subsidised healthcare services to citizens. Private healthcare providers supplement the public healthcare system for Malaysians who can afford their fees, and also for a growing medical tourist base. Malaysia is a significant producer in some segments of the medical devices and pharmaceuticals subsectors, notably rubber gloves, catheters, and halal pharmaceuticals, but the country is still import-dependent in many important segments.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Malaysia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: